This is the arbitrage for dummies, like myself, version.
We all know that the founding fathers of arbitrage are from the TSR board and Baltic Trader is one of them. Ugh! then refined the art and developped an MK 7 version for maximum profits. I managed to use one-ship versions with moderate success and have come up with a simplified increased profit version. You'll need a 700 holk, and two 350 crayers, all with minimum crew and a captain with trade skills of 4+.
- for the two selected goods, i.e. IG and cloth, check that the administrator neither buys nor sells.
- set the minimum stock to 350 and check it to ensure that the auto convoys don't take the required goods
- use the buying and selling prices from Ugh!' table
- step one : hulk buys maximum of both goods on market, each crayer loads maximum of one good from warehouse
- step two: holk unloads all into warehouse, both crayers sell maximum to the town.
It does not matter if the market has sufficient goods in stock, your sellers will provide the. By always loading max from warehouse and selling max to the town the consumption of the town is taken care off. And, since each crayer only deals in one good, it does not matter if some remain on board.
Every hub is well suited for this purpose, since all high-profit arbitrage goods should be available in ample supplies. And who says you can do with with just two goods?