- translated from the manual 2010:
- The annihilation of a notorious pirate. This task is the best choice for alderman candidates because the effort required is extremely low. All you need is a single, fully equipped pirate hunter ship (mostly, depending on the player's preferences, a Kraier or a cog) with the best possible captain. In the Eldermann office it is written out that the Hanseatic League is interested in the destruction of a pirate who has not yet been named. After accepting the order, you will find out the name of the pirate and an appointment which represents the deadline for killing the privateer. So this job is basically very simple, as it can be done with a single sea battle. The problem with this, however, is that the greatest difficulty is not in destroying the pirate, but in finding him first. Because it can take some time until you have found a certain ship on the nautical chart (especially with only a few ships). And if your own combat ship is not by chance in the vicinity, it is quite possible that the pirate has disappeared somewhere again by the time it arrives. Much more annoying, however, is the fact that the Eldermann office also likes to advertise pirates who are currently in their nests. That means there is no way to catch him. If the pirate doesn't dare to leave his nest until the deadline (which can happen), it counts as a defeat.
- It is therefore not advisable to accept this assignment and then look for the pirate. Rather, the reverse should be done. So only accept the job after you've seen a pirate on the nautical chart. If you want to avoid mistakes (it is Page 127 Tips collection, print version, created by thePatrizier-II-Forum (http://www.patrizierforum.net/) (not every pirate is automatically advertised as an assignment), it is probably the best procedure to proceed as follows:
- -Pirate appears on the Nautical chart, memorize the name, -accept the order to be saved in the alderman office, -if the pirate you are looking for is the one you are looking for, drive there, board and praise the alderman, -if the pirate you see is not the one you are looking for, load the old score and still go and board (this time without an order).
- This strategy works best if you constantly monitor the active pirate nests with combat ships (see previous paragraph). Then you notice without delay when a new pirate appears, and if there is a suitable offer and interest, you can immediately hijack him by order, without this being able to cause harm anywhere beforehand.
- How does this help me?
- Recognition on the way to becoming an Eldermann On the sidelines, there is a known mistake in the game. In rare cases it is possible that the order expires after a day instead of a month, which of course makes it impossible to fulfill it. Countermeasure: Proceed as described in the previous paragraph - if the pirate is already in front of the shotgun when accepting the order, the bow leaves you cold. The occurrence of this error does not indicate a fundamentally defective game. Basically, this assignment does not bring anything, because sooner or later the corresponding pirate would have been destroyed anyway. In principle, no alder man mission would have been necessary for this. The fact that this job is so popular with gamers is solely due to the fact that it can be completed so quickly and easily. He is the first choice for mayors who want to be a candidate for alderman. Three “notorious pirates are enough to be eligible for election. Depending on the preparation and luck, this can certainly be completed in a month. Once you have overcome this hurdle, you can turn to more profitable tasks later.
- I hope I could help a little.