I have translated Tippsammlung_2010 in english

• Hello fellow Patrician players,

over the past 2 months and a couple hundred hours spent translating and reformatting the original Tippsammlung_2010, I am pleased to release a fully english translated version for everyone's reading pleasure.

It took me lots of time, but it was well worth it - I was curious myself as a long time player what secrets about this magnificent game lay hidden under the german translation, and was surprised of the wealth of knowledge in it.

I have always been, since I was a kid, a passionate fan of Patrician 3 (I'm by no means good as some players I've read about here, I consider myself intermediate at best) - my hope is that this translated document can bring many new players to enjoy this masterpiece of a game that still holds the test of time, imo (with a high resolution mod it's even better!).

I do not assume my translation to be perfect as I do not know german, I did my best with the tools and time at my disposal. If you find glaring mistakes, by all means contact me and I will correct them.

Feel free to share it around, this is my "thank you" gift to the awesome P3 community.

Take care, Lorenzo

• OMG, I made an account just to say thank you. So far I had a google translate version (very hard to understand at places).
    I didn't realize the community was still alive. I came back to this game that I played as a child/have a fair amount of knowledge about it. (but the manual is really golden)

Cheers

• Ehi guys, long time no see!

Despite the fact I no longer play a lot, I've seen your work... And it ROCKS!

We waited years and years for this one to come.

Thanks to you now I can start the "Traduzione del Tippsammlung in italiano" for our italian friends. P3 never dies! 8)

• I just registered in this fórum to tank you for the amazing job you have done. I have been trying to understand this guide for years, but I don't know German and the traduction from Google is pretty bad.

Great job, you made me come back to playing Patrician.

Regards.

• Excellent work!

Sell as much at least at 15% margin is aquired.

The Hanseatic Empire as a whole had a profit margin at 15% anually.

Producing timber can also make a profit, but only where it has full production.

Even in the hardest settings. Historically the Hanseatic purchased the timber from Torun and Alborg.

Thoose 18 Golden is lost gold...

• Excellent work!

I also feel a bit of comfort that some German terms were left very original in the translation. I remember that our "arbitrage" was coined by an American community first as "infinite money source exploit" and here it remained "arbitrage" and what we coin "central warehouse system" was not transformed into "hub and spoke system". Just my two cents.

• Excellent work!

I also feel a bit of comfort that some German terms were left very original in the translation. I remember that our "arbitrage" was coined by an American community first as "infinite money source exploit" and here it remained "arbitrage" and what we coin "central warehouse system" was not transformed into "hub and spoke system". Just my two cents.

I use Hub-trading system very much.

The lettering is not fixated.

You can use a derivation of the words.

Central Trading Hub, or just one way or two-way Hub.

The game is excellent as an trading simulator.

As a naval battle simulator, okïsh takes time to practice.

At least a couple of weeks to understand.

And a month or so to fully grasp.

I lean to the most of players dont understand the complexity this game has

and still is to this day.

I havent found any game thats similar or near.

Even in the hardest settings. Historically the Hanseatic purchased the timber from Torun and Alborg.

• Ok, now ill see the magic this game has.

Or should i say a Hanseatic Simulator.

Struggling not going for Lord Mayor this time but Alderman in the highest setting.

And the mechanics is not that difficult once you figure it out.

The manual sucks to describe and even to figure it out.

Thats why i stated this game is a monster...

First control the iron-ore and iron goods, aka Bergen, Oslo, Ripen and Stockholm as well as London.

As it was in the 1200-1600 historically accurate yes.

Then the figure out begins...the real game...(the game has many games within itself)...

Feeding the empire green,fish and beer in copious amounts.

Feed the poor and build housing.

And not the real struggle to forget...

to balance the profit and production right. Not to build to many factories...

And this is why this game shines, where so many other struggles.

Thanks to Tipssamlung PDF (and some custom-made PDF) you

can become Lord Mayor in no time.

But it still is very fun to play.

It is more a way of life than a game, and that is seldom seen.

Maybe with Xenocrisis who are a whole other genre.

Shame they gave it away with Patrician 4 who are not nearly as good, dumbed the beast down at 80%.

As a kind of secret im working on the "Predecessor to Patrican 3".

A inland game with complex Diplomatic Relations and Trade Agreements between

worlds and not the least a bigger map and more settings for modern screens.

And piracy,plundering, blockades and slave-trade at a whole other level

that normally seen (slaves was A BIG profit-maker back then).

And now some news from Sweden.

It seems that the Semla (Hetvägg) was a Hanseatic invention.

They ate the Semla all the way back at 1400 at Reval and Riga.

A semla is a sort of wheat-bun made of butter and whipped cream.

With spices like cardamom and suger mixed with the cream.

Very delicious...

God Bless...

• Excellent work!

Arbitrage is cheating and should be avoided at all costs.

It spoils the fun and destroys the joy of a good purchase and

sadness when the competitors has arrived in London before you do.