I bought patrician 3 few days ago and i can't believe i missed this gem for so many years. But i have a lot of questions and i would be grateful if someone could answer them for me.
- When i use auto-trade there is a message that informs you if you had profit or loss. How is that calculated? Does it calculate the costs of running the ship (salaries) or it calculates the amount of money made only from the trade value of your product?
- I've read some guides so far about the Big Four (timber,beer,grain and fish) but nobody seems to mention how much of every thing you need to produce sustain supply of 4(?) towns. And even though the "ship trade" messages kept saying i have profit, my money never seemed to go up (mostly in the summer months in which timber could not be sold at the same prices)
- Is manual trade something you should do all game long to sustain a standard cash flow?
- Is auto-trade profitable when you assign the AI to buy certain products from towns and sell them to other towns? (iron goods from luebeck to Malmo,Aalborg and Beer from Stettin,Gdansk to Luebeck and Rostock)
- When should i start building houses?
If those questions get an answer i'll post some more
Thank you in advance.