• Hallo,

Since a long time, I am busy to checkover between online services...to keep/store my data on the web... and to find an easy yet comprehensive solution to online file access and sharing between my various computers, included iPhone. After tried out Dropbox and ZumaDrive, I begun to use SugarSync and I may say that I decided to stay on this.

The service gives a free 2GB of online space, and it permits continous and automatic data sync, if you install it on your other computers with the same username. This may be your desktop and notebook, can be Mac, PC or/and some SmartPhones.. all combinations possible.. You may check some desired folders between computers, then you will be able them to be backed up / sync between your cyber space or/and between them, automatically.

One of the best features of the program, among others, as it plays mp3's by streaming on iPhone, instead of downloading... thanks to its iPhone App. The same applies to photos also.. I wished to recommend it since a long time, and after recently receiving an info mail, I am posting right now. For recommendations, they are giving +500 MB of extra to both parties. Below, is a referral link, if you register from there, both you and me will earn 500 MB of extra space. If you don't want, then you may register directly through the website.

https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=c3zmowvrhwxmg

MoS

Inventor of the "Turkish Building Technique"

Game Ratings:
    First time total population beyond 3Mio frontier:3 045 259
    Current Game: P2_Herz andP2_Kanoneof course..

Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt.
    Lost are only those, who abandon themselves.

• Hi Amselfass,

Of course, I recommended SugarSync from my personal angle of view, personal ease of use/interface preferences, and surely what can be done with iPhone 3Gs via native/dedicated application from SugarSync (a free app from AppleStore), with less cluttered/intuitive interface on it, à la Apple style.

Personally, *after* iPhone/Blackberry support, the main criteria of choice is, at SugarSync, you may add to the system "whatever" folder you want, to continuously synchronize them. At DropBox, there is only one single satellite folder instead. Not a very distinctive feature however. As I am not a Linux people, another argument for DropBox did not impress me either.

If not already done, a Google search on Dropbox vs SugarSync, will yield many results, from Software+System+Usage reviews to personal impressions at many blogsites. From there, one may conclude also,

-This storage+sync at internet cloud thingie is very trendy, and beside many other systems, DropBox and SugarSync are two main actors in the sector.
    -As another debate like Intel vs AMD, NVidia vs AtiAMD, Nokia vs iPhone... there is another _winner incertain_ debate between discussions on this two system 'providers'.

In a very simplified bottom line, Drop is favoured for its still easiness of use (especially on Mac, integration to Finder) while Sugar is shining for its more elaborated Mobile/Phone support. And as already known, both systems are constantly developed at nearly monthly basis, as this made the choice difficult for dedicated user. The price/storage ratio is another domain to make the final decision even more difficult, as recently SugarSync seemed more advantageous while examining their options.

MoS

Inventor of the "Turkish Building Technique"

Game Ratings:
    First time total population beyond 3Mio frontier:3 045 259
    Current Game: P2_Herz andP2_Kanoneof course..

Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt.
    Lost are only those, who abandon themselves.

• und du moechtest gerne die 500 MB (aktuell wohl 1GB) fuer dich abgreifen fuer jeden der sich von deinem link aus bei sugarsync anmeldet?
    sollte faiererweise dazugesagt werden :)